What is the Internet Data Exchange Program (IDX)?
Internet Data Exchange is a National Association of REALTORS initiative whereby brokers give each other permission to display their listings on each others web sites. Brokers who participate can display other participating brokers' active listings. If you choose not to participate, no other broker will be permitted to display your listings. However, even if you don’t have your own web site, by participating in IDX you can include your listings in other participants’ web sites.
As part of the NAR program guidelines, all brokers are automatically signed up. If, however, you decide you do not want to participate, you can cancel it through the Internet Advertising Permissions page in RealTracs.
To change your IDX permissions, or to change the permissions of other Internet Advertisers, follow the steps below:
1. From the Admin tab, select Internet Advertising under the Broker Admin sub-heading (fig. 1).
(Image Retrieved: Jan. 2017)
2. Clicking Internet Advertising will display the Internet Advertising Settings permissions page as shown in figure 2 below. From this
page you can:
- View the full list of options where the principal broker can send listing data directly from RealTracs
- Opt-In or Opt-Out of the various internet advertisers or IDX program by toggling the on/off switch to the right of each advertiser
- View details about individual advertisers by clicking the arrow to the left of the publisher's name you would like more information about. The logo of each advertiser is a link to their website if you would like to view their website
IMPORTANT NOTE: Internet Advertising Permissions can only be changed at the company level, not the brokerage or office level.
Individual offices within the same company will have the same permissions.
(Image Retrieved: Jan 2017)