Media Manager - What is it?
The Media Manager is an easy to use tool designed to allow users to upload and manage photos, virtual tours, and documents. The Media Manager is available for all property classes (Residential, Land-Lot-Farm, Multi-Family, Commercial, and Rental).
Where is it Found?
Media Manager can be accessed two ways. You can access Media Manager by moving your mouse pointer over My Listings on the Navigation Menu at the top of the screen and then by selecting Media Manager (fig 1).
Or you can access Media Manager if you are already within the Manage Listings page by clicking on the three dots on the far side of the listing you wish to modify and then by clicking on Manage Media from the drop down menu (fig 2.)
Media Manager Dashboard
After clicking on either option mentioned above to access Media Manager, you will arrive at the Media Manager Dashboard (fig. 3). This page allows you to search for a property by Listing Status, Property Type, or MLS Number. If you have access to multiple agents' information, you can view listings by Agent Name as well.
- Check the status and property class of the listing you wish to add or edit media for, then click View Listings.
- The listings will appear with basic information and three counters that reference specific media types. Click on the corresponding counter number under the type of media you wish to add or edit. For example, in figure 3 above, click on any of the 0 links to add images, documents, or URLs.
3. Clicking the link below the Media Type of a listing will launch the corresponding control panel: Images, Documents, or URLs.
- To begin adding up to 30 images, click on the grey drop zone outlined below in blue dashes (fig. 3). You can add images to your listing a couple of different ways:
- Dragging and dropping an image directly into the drop zone from your computer.
- Selecting and uploading the image file from your computer so it appears in the drop zone.
Helpful Tip: Multiple images can be selected at once from your computer for a placement into the drop zone.
After the images are uploaded, they will appear in the editor where a primary image can be set by placing it in the first upper left most position (fig. 5). An image can be moved to a new location by selecting and dragging it to the desired position within the editor.
Mobile Tip: Because this dragging and dropping a photo is not available on touch-screen mobile devices, you will need to move photos with the white arrows at the top of the image (fig. 6).
There are four icons at the bottom of each photo (fig.7) . Below is a description of each icons' function.
- The Check Mark Box- You can click the check mark icon for multiple photos at the same time to select multiple photos at once. Then you can click the trash can in the far upper right corner of the page to delete all of the photos you have selected with one click.
- The Rotation Arrow-The rotation arrow icon can be clicked to rotate the image orientation of your photo..
- The Pencil with Paper-The Pencil with Paper icon can be clicked to add comments to your photo.
- The Trash Can-The Trash Can icon can be clicked on to delete a photo.
Adding Comments Tip: When you click on the pencil with paper icon to add comments, an additional menu for adding comments to the photo you have specified will display (fig. 8). Type your comments below the blue words "Photo Caption." Then click on the Next button to go to the next photo to add comments to it also. Or click on the Close button to stop adding comments.
You can add up to 7 documents to a listing. To start adding documents to your listing, click either the icon, within the Drag & drop area, or drag and drop listings from your computer's file system directly to the Drag & drop area (fig. 9). When selecting a document to add or drag and drop it to the Drag & drop area, it'll automatically begin uploading to the listing.
Once a document finishes uploading, the document count which appears under the Listing Documents title will also update (fig. 9).
- You can rename the document which changes how it appears on your listing. This is done by clicking the icon.
- If you wish to remove a document from your listing, click the icon.
URLs can be added to link a Virtual Tour or a website to a listing. Once arriving on the URL page, click the Plus icon in the upper right corner of the page or the text "Add one here" to add a URL. (fig. 10)
After clicking on the option to add a URL a menu will display (fig. 11).
- Fill out the link description. The link description will display on the Full Report for your listing next to the link.
- Paste or type in the URL into the line labeled "Hyperlink."
- Click below the word Category to choose the category that correctly applies to your URL. (fig. 12) Please note: You can only select one virtual tour per listing whether it be Branded or Unbranded.
- After filling out all of the information click Save.
Please Note: Be sure to enter the full URL including the http:// or https:// portion to ensure your link does not break. For example: if your