Property Search- Quick 1, 2, 3
1. To run a Property Search, hover your mouse over Property Search on the toolbar to display the different searches available for use, and then click the desired search you would like to run (fig. 1).
2. After selecting the desired search, a variety of options will display that include a panel to enter common search criteria, the interactive map to select and view properties, and select-able tabs above the map to choose the format you would like your search results to display. These tabs include:
- Map Tab - The map tab is displayed by default and utilizes an interactive map to select properties geographically and view geo-coded results
- List Tab - The list tab displays basic information, in a line-by-line format, of a successful search. Some of the information contained in the list includes the MLS number, address, and List Price. The MLS number and address are hyperlinked to a Full Report and Geo-Location, respectively.
- Thumbnail Tab - The Thumbnail Tab displays more information than what is found in the List View, but less than what is found in a full report. This can be handy when browsing numerous properties, as multiple thumbnails can be viewed by scrolling the page up or down. The additional information displayed in the Thumbnail View includes the primary photo of the listing and listing agent information.
- Full Tab - The Full Tab displays all available information about a particular property in a convenient agent report.
- Stats Tab: The stats tab displays various statistical information from the listing results of a successful search. This information includes the Minimum, Average, Median, and Maximum values of Square feet, Bedrooms, Bathrooms (full and half), List Price, and Days on Market. Additional information for closed property searches include the same metrics for Sales Price and a value for Sales Price to List Price Percentage (SP/LP %).
3. To the left of the screen, you will see a panel that contains various search boxes to enter values for common criteria (fig 2). These values are entered to define the location and characteristics of the properties you are searching for. Only choosing a listing status is required; all other fields are optional. Once all desired search criteria are entered, click the green Search button to run the search and display the results on the map. The search results are limited to a maximum of 500 listings - if your search returns over 500 listings, more refined search criteria will need to be entered. Once you have your desired search results, you can either print or share them.
- To print the search results, place a check-mark beside the properties you wish to print then click the Print drop-down menu found in the results toolbar and choose the PDF printing format. The available printable PDF reports are the Agent Full Report, Agent 1/4 Report, Buyer Full Report, Buyer 1/4 Report, a Default Search Results List, and a Statistics Report.
- To share a listing by email, place a check-mark beside the properties you wish to e-mail then click the blue Share button found in the results toolbar. Simply enter the email address of your desired recipients, compose a subject and body of the email, select the desired report, and click the blue Send button.
Note: You may also print and share listings within the Thumbnail and Full views by clicking the Print and Share icons embedded within the listing information.
Where Can I Learn More?
Using the Property Search Function is also covered in our Basic RealTracs training sessions held at the RealTracs Office and area REALTOR® associations; visit RealTracs.net to view the latest live training offerings.